Friday 6 September 2013

Right Mock-strategy is key to cracking CAT, says 99.97 percentiler Arshpreet Singh

Arshpreet Singh cracked CAT 2012 with an overall 99.97 percentile and secured admission to IIM Ahmedabad. Mr Arshpreet is a CBSE Merit scholar & scored 6th Rank in Punjab state in AIEEE. He has done his Bachelor of Technology in Chemical Engineering from IIT Kanpur. Arshpreet is an Academic Excellence Awardee with CGPA of 9.1.
                           
CAT Toppers TipsIn this Exclusive interview with MBAUniverse.com, the IIM Ahmedabad student advises CAT 2013 aspirants to revise all the concepts thoroughly before the CAT and attempt a lot of mock tests. Arshpreet also shares his success strategies, weekly study plans, D-day strategy and also speaks on how he handled his difficult areas during CAT preparation.

Our readers will remember that MBAUniverse.com has earlier published interviews with other CAT 2012 Toppers. Links below.

What was your overall and sectional CAT 2012 percentile?
My CAT 2012 percentile was 99.97. I scored 99.05 percentile in Quant & DI section and in Verbal and LR section I scored 99.99 percentile

What was the toughest & easiest section for you in CAT? Why?
The toughest section for me was the QA+DI section, specifically the DI part. I could not solve the DI questions in the ideal amount of time in the mock tests and also, my overall attempt in this section used to be low due to slower speed.
The easiest section for me was the VA+LR section. I felt I had a good enough grasp logical reasoning skills combined with a good grasp on English, as I am an avid reader.

How were your strategies to handle the difficult part?
I practiced a lot of question sets in DI to improve my speed as well as to gain much needed confidence. I made sure that every set I attempted was time bound. I devoted ample time in analyzing my mistakes after the mocks.

To read more

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment